Friday, July 31

I'm in Daejeon now, and have been spending some time with my friend Moon who came to Georgia Tech as an exchange student last year. We played tennis, went bowling, played ping pong and went out for coffee with his girlfriend, and even went hiking up 계룡산 (gyeryongsan) which means chicken-dragon-mountain. I'll miss Daejeon - I had a nice time here, but I'm going to 수원 (Suwon) tomorrow and gotta finish this traveling while I still have the adventure spirit. I have a pretty fun story about hiking at 계룡산 and the people we met there, but I'm afraid it won't come out well in writing. Ask me about it when I get back to the US

I had a great time in Daegu with my friend Bohyun and spent my time recovering from the crazy rock festival and eating good food with a lot of Bohyun's friends. I also got to wash my clothes, shave, and SLEEP IN A BED whooo. I also met a guy who's exactly one year younger than me to the day - we both really love music and spent some time playing piano and guitar, and went to karaoke together.

I'd like to take a second to recap on my trip up until this point, maybe to give perspective, but also so that I can remember since I have a pretty bad memory.

June 20 - Arrival in Seoul, spent a day with Yeseul's family before moving to my home stay family's apartment. Travel around Seoul, visit friends, visit universities, practice ping pong, and learn Hapkido.
July 6 - Move houses from my home stay family house to the Beewon Guesthouse
July 10 - Leave Seoul for Ulsan
July 14 - Spontaneous trip to Haeundae which turned into a 2 day trip for me
July 16 - Return to Ulsan to retrieve all my stuff which was at Henry's house
July 17 - Go to Busan to stay with Josiah, party with foreigners in Busan
July 18 - Day trip to KyeongJu with my friend Heejin
July 19 - Trip to Jeju island to stay with Yeseul's Uncle
July 22 - Return to Ulsan to see Henry during his short work vacation
July 23 - Return to Busan to visit some friends I met in Atlanta
July 24 - Spontaneous trip to Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival
July 27 - Travel to Daegu to hang out with Bohyun and his friends
July 29 - Leave Daegu to go to Daejeon
July 31 - Awesome hiking experience and spontaneous party with people I don't know at KAIST university
August 1 - Travel to Suwon to see Kyeongmin's family and go white water rafting.

Sorry no pictures this time - I've been so exhausted from constant traveling (notice I moved to a new place almost every day) that I didn't really remember to take any pictures of the experience in Daegu and Daejeon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jared, When do you come back?
    You have been having an awesome time! I'm enjoying reading your post. I can't wait to see you.
    See you when you're back home.

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Adventures