Thursday, July 9

Korean Night Life

I had to say goodbye to my Hapkido class yesterday. Actually during these past 2 weeks I've learned a lot but mostly the other students have been helping to paint and clean up the dojo for its remodeling, but still I got to know some of the other students and the instructor pretty well. It's definitely something I want to keep learning when I go back to America, and I plan to buy the 도복비 (clothing) here before I leave as kind of a memory and sign of intent.

Yesterday I checked out the night life of Korea with a friend I met at the ping pong club. We went clubbing near Honggik University after going to a restaurant for some soju and tteokbokki (rice cakes in spicy sauce). Clubs in Korea are a bit different from American clubs - not everybody dances, almost nobody does the stupid booty dancing that's so popular in America, and some of the people actually know how to dance. I picked up some dance moves from a few of the Korean guys and had a good time, also the music was really really good - the DJ was pretty excellent.

I slept most of the day today in recovery, but first I made travel plans to Ulsan and got my train ticket confirmed. Luckily there are some girls from Busan staying here at the Guesthouse and they're also going back to Busan tomorrow so we can travel together! So I don't have to deal with any of the ambiguity of not knowing how the train works, I can just travel direct and comfortably with my friends.


This is the train station at Yongsan. It's kind of like an airport with a shopping mall attached to it and a subway running underneath it. I've been there twice before, to get service for my phone and to buy some power converters for my American electronics, but this time I just went for some Japanese ramen (at the shopping mall attached) and to meet a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Adventures