Wednesday, July 22


A really cool place along the coast of 제주 (Jeju), but I forgot the name, mostly because I had gone hiking earlier in the day and slept in the car. This place gets pounded really hard by waves, but still has a quite unique rock structure. There's a kinda philosophy of Jeju that goes "Rock, Wind, Women" because they're the three most numerous things in order. It's quite true, and kind of happy because of its simplicity.

After climbing 한라산 (Hallasan), just about the most refreshing thing you can do is eat some ramen noodles. We trekked something like 3.5km, and it took us 2.5 hours because of the steep grade of the path. Climbing down was almost twice as fast, but still pretty tiring. I climbed this mountain on Monday with 삼촌 (my friend 예슬's uncle) and then fell asleep intermittently for the rest of the day because I was so tired. When I left 제주 (Jeju) on Wednesday, 삼촌 was still tired from the hike. When you climb up to this point, you can see 한라산 (Hallasan) in the distance, but you can't actually climb it because it's too steep and dangerous - and a volcano.

I was kinda popular in 제주 (Jeju) - these people just came up to me and asked if we could take a picture together. Also, you might notice that even though we're at the beach almost everyone is wearing legit clothes. It wasn't like this everywhere, but Korean style is definitely a bit more conservative than in America.

We rented this awesome 4-wheeler in 경주 (Kyoung-Ju) and had a heck of an awesome time just riding around fish-tailing, and so forth. I let 희진 drive for a little bit, and she almost hit a parked car...........

Rocks piled up at the Buddhist temple in 경주 (Kyoung-Ju). Evidently you make a little stack of rocks and then say a prayer over them, so that as long as the rocks stay your prayer may be heard (maybe I misunderstood the explanation, but it was the feeling I got from it) ^^

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for what I did when riding a car LOL anyway have a good trip in Dae-gu tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Previous Adventures