Tuesday, June 30

Current Activity

I've gone to most of the famous places of Seoul at this point, and while I'm a little interested in seeing a few more of them, I know that it won't really make a whole big difference for my experience as a whole here. What will make a big difference is finally going and visiting some universities and corporations like I originally intended for my trip.

I went and visited Seogang University, but it was just alright. It was pretty much the same as Georgia Tech, with a pretty outdated library and a pretty unkempt athletic field. They do offer a scholarship which covers half the cost of living there at the university, but doesn't cover my tuition to Georgia Tech or Travel. I won't be attending there. This week I'll continue on my journey to figure out what I want to do with my life, starting with playing some ping pong in the morning and visiting a Hapkido dojo I saw the other day.


Sorry, parents - this is what I do hehehe.

This was like that wall-cling thing that's on Ninja-Warrior. More difficult than it looks hehe, but I made it up to the top of this thing, and some Korean people shouted inspiration to me from the bottom. (It's not that high or dangerous, don't worry)

Korean-style pizza. This one had shrimp, a kind of cheesecake cheese, black olives, corn, peppers, and onions. Maybe some other stuff too, I'm not sure.

Namdaemun Market. It was closed for construction, but this picture depicts what it usually looks like. Evidently some crazy old man burnt the whole place down and it's taken over 4 years now to repair it.

With some friends I made here in Seoul. I crashed at their place a couple of nights ago, and played some ping pong with them yesterday. They're also my kinda people, who like to do things and have fun in life, finding adventure and enjoying the things they do.

1 comment:

  1. Jared, I'm glad you are doing so well and I am relieved that you will not be attending college in Korea. I am continuing to pray that you receive direction. I kind of feel that all you will get is confirmation about what you already know, but that's ok too. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Previous Adventures