Monday, June 29

I went to Kyoungbok Castle, one of the famous historical places of Korea. It was okay, a little too expensive though, and managed to be both interesting and kind of boring at the same time. I had more fun after going to the castle, going out drinking with my friends and going to Korean karaoke than I did actually walking around the castle.
The first building you see upon entering, which is the place where the King used to sit.

A really pretty traditional building.

The crew of awesome people I went with. From left to right, Angelina, Danbi, Yeon-Gyeong, Yeong-Tak. This was a nice little park area inside the castle walls.

I took this for mom. It's the Korean equivalent of a crow. I had to chase it a little bit to get it to fly for an action shot, but I think it turned out well.

And I think these were catfish (I'm not a fisherman so I'm not sure). This was the water near that really pretty building depicted earlier. Evidently they drained the water out to clean it, and found 2 dragon sculptures at the bottom. Also, the bottom of the water area is not flat, it steps down in a pattern so that the water will flow naturally and not stay stagnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Adventures