Saturday, June 27

Ping Pong and the Kyoung-Bok Castle

I brought my ping pong racket with me to Korea, and finally found a place to play on Friday. There's a little ping pong club not too far from where I live, in the basement of some building, and even though I went on a Friday at like 12:00 there were a lot of people there. Though I was expecting some younger people, almost everyone was 40 or older! A nice man played with me at first, and some lady had brought lunch so I got to eat with everyone.

Again, there was definitely a sensation of wonder because my style was so different from the Korean style of play. People kept wanting to play with me because my style was so different, and as I was playing some people watching tried to imitate my movements quite hilariously hehe. Anyway, time flew and I spent something like 6 hours there total, resting a little but playing most of the time, and by the time I got home I was super dead tired. It wasn't even 10PM but I crashed hard.

Koreans use Kai-Bai-Bo (rock, paper, scissors) to decide everything from who serves first to who they play against and even to decide tie breakers.

This is my drenched shirt after 6 hours of exercise ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Adventures