Wednesday, July 1

I think yesterday was pretty much the best day I've had in Korea. Around noon I went to visit Yonsei University, which was really refreshing - the place has a multitude of excellent climbing trees, a very modern and comfortable library, excellent academic programs, and a kind of forest park at the rear of campus. The park is like a battery charger for exhausted students - really really nice. Anyway, I talked with a nice lady there, and with a girl from Singapore who's attending classes there, and think I would be happy if I decided to study there.

I stopped by a Hapkido dojo to get some information, and then went back at 9pm after playing some ping pong to see a lesson. I met the other 6 students, learned a good bit, and I'll be going to class for about a week and a half starting tomorrow. It also seems my ping pong skills are improving from playing often with these old people who are better than me. I'm kind of excited to take on some people from the ping pong club at GT when I return. Hehe kinda feels like I'm in a martial arts movie, and I've gone off into the wilderness to train before I make my triumphant victorious return.

(sorry no pictures today, I was having too much fun and didn't take any)

3 comments:

  1. Oooo u went to Yonsei! I would have meet up with u and bring u around if I knew u were going! The campus's cool right? It will be more cool when the constructions are done next year..there's going to be an underground shopping arcade I heard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I shouldn't have given the ping pong table away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe it's fine that you gave the ping pong table away. We didn't use it, really. Oh, that would have been nice - I'll get your number from Yong-Tak and give you a call next time I'm in the area Angelina ^^

    ReplyDelete

Previous Adventures