Monday, July 27

Incheon Rock Festival (with pictures)

The Incheon Rock Festival was by far the greatest part of my trip here in Korea. Even though it was completely spontaneous, and I couldn't go with any of my friends I made friends with the people working in the stores there and with the people in tents close to mine. I'm continually amazed by the kindness of the people towards a white guy they hardly know - I became friends with the MC of one of the stages here, and he kept getting me free alcohol and making me participate in fun little events in the swimming pool. I met my favorite singer of the festival pretty briefly, but the guy was really kind also. The guys in the campground woke me up in the morning with breakfast and took me out to dinner on Saturday night, and the people working at the Jager bar hung out with me on Sunday night and taught me some Korean drinking games - I finally went to sleep in my tent around 7:00am when the others headed off to the subway to get back to their homes. I got so much free stuff from the festival that I couldn't fit it all in my backpack, and I got sunburned kinda badly so when I carry my backpack around now it's quite a painful experience.

펜타포트에 다닌 분이 내 블로그 읽고 있으시면 정말 감사합니다~ 이 삼일동안 정말 즐거웠고 행복했어요 특히 경민한테 나랑 놀러 와서 진짜 고마웠어요. 연락하고 또 봅시다~ 화이팅 ^^

My awesome friend Kyoungmin, who came to hang out with me. We had an awesome time, and got all sorts of cool prizes for participating in the swimming pool events!

The main stage of the place. This was during the performance of the band 넥스트 (NEXT) - I was usually with the big crowd up front at the main stage concerts, but I hurt my ankle on Friday and was feeling kinda trampled Saturday night so hung back and took some pictures. There were so many people, and even the people at the very back (almost halfway to the next stage) were dancing to the music and having a good time.

My favorite part of the weekend, jumping around on this float in the swimming pool while bands performed on that stage in the background. There was a bar nearby too, and at night they brought out a DJ and a tap of Jägermeister with little plastic shot glasses.

This guy was trying his hardest to sell these cute little towels for 5,000원 but he got shot down so much. I felt bad for the guy, so shouted some inspiration hehe.

The main stage area. There were so many people during the large concerts that they actually set up a fence near the front just to separate the people who were packed into the front like sardines from the other people further back as a space-generating technique. It worked really well, surprisingly. Oh yeah, and I saw the Deftones perform here on Saturday night, and got one of the drummer's sticks! Bet you're jealous haha (just kidding).

2 comments:

  1. Hey 은율, it's Colin. it was a great rock festival to have fun with you. as i remember you're gonna leave Korea next Monday. i'm afraid i don't have any photos taken with you.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Adventures